1. I'm thankful for the wonderful people who make up our church. These people continually communicate to me their love and appreciation. I don't take that for granted. They express this personally, through e-mails, and occasional notes in the mail. I thought about this after our assembly yesterday. I thought about it again after our life group last night. (What an encouraging group of people!)
2. On Saturday, I drove into our parking lot about 10:45 AM. Cars everywhere. Inside the Community Center were people everywhere. Two Upward Basketball teams playing (what a really great program. Wish this had been around for our children). Inside the gym area, the bleachers on both sides were full. Meanwhile, a blood drive was also going on in another part of the building. Lot's of people coming and going.
3. I am amazed at the groups that are meeting in the Community Center. Recreation groups for home-schoolers. Meetings of parents of disabled children. New AA groups are starting soon.
4. I feel very grateful for our Sunday morning assemblies. I enjoy Sunday mornings. Our assemblies seem warmer, more heart-felt, and more God centered. Yesterday, we prayed for seven new babies (born last year) and their parents. Then, at the end of our assembly, we heard a report from Jack Whiddon, our youth minister, on the Dodge Ball tournament that our high school students have put together for tsunami relief efforts. (I think that I missed something when I was growing up) :)
5. I am grateful for people who suffer and yet who walk with God. It really encourages me to see people who live with depression who continue to walk with God. (And there are a lot of people who struggle with this at one time or another.) I am encouraged as I see people who are wrestling with cancer and yet who make an effort to encourage somebody else.
Then there are those who live with heartache. I can't begin to tell you the stories I've been told through the years, both here (Waco), and in other places by parents who have experienced heartache from one of their children. Yet, these people continue to walk with God.
6. I am thankful for those who read this blog regularly. I am amazed at the people who read this. In fact, it really is humbling. It probably helps me more than anyone else to just express what I am thinking (and a few things that are on my heart).